Donation: Cash Grant for Japan Floods and Landslides 2018
Japanese Red Cross Society welcomes the cash grant for the people affected by the record heavy rainfall that started on 5 July 2018 in wide areas of western and eastern Japan.
Cash Grant system: all funds received by the JRCS will be transferred to “Cash Distribution Committee” of each affected prefecture” who decides criteria for the distribution. Actual cash distribution will be carried out by afflicted municipalities to each beneficiary.
The most updated information (as of 23rd July 2018) regarding the JRCS’s response to the Japan Floods and Landslides 2018, could be found from the following link: Here
- Find the details of the Cash Grant System in Japan
Japanese RC will
- close the fundraising on 31st of December 2018 JST (close of business)
- inform the date of transfer and total amount of contribution through the JRCS Website, each time JRCS makes transfers it to the “Cash Distribution Committee”. This shall be the formality of sharing information and reporting the distribution of the received fund, thus additional project and audit report shall not be issued.
Bank Account Details (For international transfer only):
Account name: The Japanese Red Cross Society
Bank name: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Branch name: Ginza Branch
Location: 6-10-1, Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0061, Japan
SWIFT CODE: SMBCJPJT
Account number: 026-7176649
Reference: Japan Floods and Landslides 2018（Please specify it when making transfer）
- This donation can be accepted by bank transfer only. (Kindly note that it cannot be accepted by other ways of transfer)
- For residence in Japan, the domestic transfer accounts could be found from here: Japanese Red Cross Society
- Upon request, receipt in English shall be issued, and sent to you by email.
- In case you need such receipt, please send an email to email@example.com including the following information: name written on the receipt/ date of transfer/ amount of contribution/ name of the bank/ and postal address (in case you need a hardcopy receipt).
- Please kindly understand that the receipt shall be issued by PDF format per transfer, thus separate receipt shall not be able to be prepared.
-Overseas remittance fee and currency conversion fee may be deducted from the donation amount by banks before the Japanese Red Cross Society receives.
Mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation department: International division, Japanese Red Cross Society